- Books are checked out for two weeks and may be renewed for an
additional two-week period unless the item is on hold for another
- Patrons may have up to 40 items checked out at a time.
- Adults (those patrons who are 18 years of age or older) may check out videos. The limit is four (4) movies per adult.
- Fiction videos may be checked out for two (2) days, and nonfiction videos may be checked out for two (2) weeks.
- Videos may be renewed one time for an additional two-day period unless the item is on hold for another patron. There is a $1.00 per day late charge for movies that are overdue.
- Adults (patrons who are 18 years of age or older) may check out up to two (2) video games at a time.
- Video games are checked out for seven days and may be renewed one time for an additional seven-day period unless the item is on hold for another patron.
- There is a $1.00 per day late charge for video games that are overdue.
- Periodicals from past months are available to be checked out for two (2) weeks.
Patrons cannot check out materials if there is more than $3.00 on their account.
- Newspapers may not be checked out.
- Our archives contain regional papers for the past month. The
Kentucky Standard back issues are available digitally.
Computer Use Policy
The Library’s public computers and internet access may not be used to:
- A Nelson County Public Library Internet and Computer Use Agreement
form must be read and signed in order to use the Library's computers.
Ask for a copy at the circulation desk.
- Patrons under the age of 18 must have a Nelson County Public
Library Internet and Computer Use Agreement form signed by a
parent/guardian or grandparent prior to using library computers or
observing someone else
using a library computer.
- Computer users need their library card to get a reservation at the circulation desk.
- Patrons may use public access computers for a maximum of 2
hours per day.
- Sessions are scheduled in one-hour increments. If you
will be needing more time, please let the staff know ahead of time and
we will attempt to accomodate you.
- Computers are not to be turned off at any time except by library staff.
- CD-R discs may be purchased for 50 cents at the circulation desk.
• Violate the law
• Send, receive, or display text or graphics that may reasonably be construed as inappropriate or obscene
• Harm or compromise the safety, security, privacy, or property of others
• Seek unauthorized access to any computer system
• Alter or damage software components of any network, host server, or database
part of the computer usage agreement customers must abide by these
policies and are advised that failure to do so will result in the loss
of computer and internet privileges at the library. This includes use
of another customer’s library card number to log on to a computer.
Patrons cannot use the computers if there is more than $20.00 on their account.
If there is less than $20.00 on a patron's account, they may use the computers with a minimum payment of $.50 on their fine.
Computer Usage Violations
- When someone is observed, by other patrons or staff, displaying an
offensive site, they are given a verbal warning and told that
if they are seen viewing an offensive site again, they will be unable
to use the computers for 3 months.
- If the person is observed displaying an offensive site again,
they will be unable to use the computer for 3 months. The patron
is also warned that if it happens again, their computer privileges will
be taken away indefinitely.
- Once they are observed displaying an offensive site the 3rd
time, a patron's computer privileges are permanently taken
The purpose of these
procedures is not to control the sites patrons select but to protect
the rights of other patrons and staff utilizing this public facility.
Nelson County Public Library
Card form (policies)
Use Agreement form (policies)