|The following rules govern the use of community meeting rooms
of the Nelson County Public Library:
The above rules are a summary of our official meeting room
policy. To read the full meeting room policy as approved by the
Library Board, please visit the library.
- Meeting rooms may be used for meeting or programs by
organizations whose membership is open to the public. An adult or
adults must be in charge at all times.
- Private parties or meetings promoting commercial
interests may not be held.
- No games or activities will be permitted which will damage
the grounds, building or equipment.
- One person from the organization shall be responsible to
the library for the group’s use of the meeting rooms. Library
property, equipment or items on exhibit (paintings, photographs, etc.)
damaged through misuse, carelessness or vandalism shall be replaced or
repaired in a timely manner by the group using the facility.
- In case of night meetings, the key to the meeting area door
is to be picked up by the adult representing the group at the library
prior to 5:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting. The key should be
returned through the book drop at the conclusion of the meeting. Staff
members will not be available after regular hours of operation to
assist with room security or clean up.
- There is no fee for use of the meeting room.
- The Library Director reserves the right to cancel
reservation if an emergency meeting becomes necessary for library
programming, Library Board of Trustees, Civil Defense, Homeland
Security, or for any other reason.
- Our aim is to keep the meeting rooms and adjoining
facilities as clean as possible. We require that the person responsible
for a group check the items on the checklist when the meeting is over.
Nelson County Public Library
Card form (policies)
Use Agreement form (policies)
201 Cathedral Manor
Bardstown, KY 40004